пятница, 17 октября 2008 г.

chicago musical tour cast




I had my first experience with the Korean medical system this week. On Friday I was feeling pretty bad (sore throat, headache) but I went to work anyway and kind of scrapped my lesson plans in favor of watching a movie (in English obv) or playing a game (in English obv). On Saturday I felt fine and I went to a festival in Suwon. The post about that will probably be up in about a month at this rate. On Sunday I felt bad again so I kind of stayed home and did mostly nothing. I woke up on Monday morning and felt bad again, so I called in sick for the first time in several years. I definitely could have gone in, but there are two reasons why I called in sick: 1. I kind of need my voice to teach elementary school kids in a language that they donapos;t really speak, and 2. I get something like 15 paid sick days, so thereapos;s no reason to tough it out really except to be manly and show your fighting spirit. I was told to go to the hospital by my coteacher, and although normally Iapos;d just stay home and rest, I decided to take her advice just because Iapos;m in a foreign country and I should do what other people do etc.

The receptionist at the hospital spoke very little English, but luckily the doctor was fluent and she diagnosed me with the flu. I got a shot in the hip which was actually not as bad as I expected (I donapos;t remember getting a shot there before), and some pills. The total cost was about $20, which seems pretty cheap to me. I have some sort of insurance through my school and I think thereapos;s a national health care, so people normally pay maybe 50? But even at twice that price it seems cheap to me so maybe Korean hospitals just charge less in general. Anyway whatever I was healed by the next day and so it was no problem. I usually donapos;t get sick often but if one person has an illness in Korea it spreads to everyone else because all dishes are shared at meals and you just use your own spoon and chopsticks to grab stuff from the middle. Any diseases that can be spread through the mouth can pretty much pass to everyone I suppose, so I expect to get sick more often.

I havenapos;t had time to update because I transferred into level 2 with my Korean language class, and since Iapos;m really about a level 1.5, I have a lot to catch up on. Iapos;d rather be in a class thatapos;s too difficult than one thatapos;s too easy though, since I think I can learn pretty quickly judging from past experiences, and I have a lot of time to study at school. Iapos;m mostly caught up now except for some vocabulary words which is the most time-consuming part.
chicago musical tour cast, chicago musical tour dates, chicago musical tour uk, chicago musical touring.



Комментариев нет: